This chapter includes all processes and environmental resources, both renewable and non-renewable, that enable the Bank to carry out its activities and that contributed, and still contribute, to its past, present and future success as a financial intermediary.
SHARED VALUE GENERATED BY INTESA SANPAOLO
- Combating climate change
- Reducing environmental costs
- Employment development in the green economy
Summary table of Group environmental data
|Unit of measurement||2014||2013||2012|
In 2014, over 2.3% of all Intesa Sanpaolo loans regarded the renewable energy sector, agriculture and environmental protection, for a total of around 643 million euro.
Loans for energy efficiency and renewable energy
Environmental emissions verified by a third party
USE OF RENEWABLE RESOURCES
Total direct + indirect energy (Scope 1+ 2)
2,591,868 GJ Total direct + indirect energy per operative
Mobility: km per employee
- Environment-friendly or recycled paper accounts for 93% of purchases
- Outside of Italy, the amount of used toner and ink ribbons fell by over 40%
- In 2014 the amount of water consumed by the Group fell by an average of 13.7% compared with 2013.