Main economic and financial indicators1
|Personnel efficiency indicators [millions of euro]||2014||2013|
|Loans to customers / Number of employees||3.79||3.81|
|Operating income / Number of employees||0.19||0.18|
|Customer financial assets 2/ Number of employees||9.24||8.90|
|Balance sheet indicators|
|Shareholders' equity / Loans to customers||13.2%||12.9%|
|Shareholders' equity / Customer financial assets 2||5.4%||5.5%|
|Capital ratios 3|
|Common Equity Tier 1 (CET1) capital net of regulatory adjustments / Risk-weighted assets (Common Equity Tier 1 ratio)||13.5%||-|
|Tier 1 (TIER 1) capital / Risk-weighted assets||14.2%||-|
|Total own funds / Risk-weighted assets||17.2%||-|
|Parent Company net income / Average shareholders' equity||2.8%||-9.9%|
|Operating costs / Operating income (Cost income ratio)||50.6%||51.1%|
|Net doubtful loans to customers / Loans to customers||4.2%||3.8%|
|Net substandard and restructured loans to customers / Loans to customers||5.3%||4.7%|
|Adjustments to doubtful loans to customers / Gross doubtful loans to customers||62.7%||62.5%|
1. The indicators were calculated with reference to reclassified statements and figures published in the Intesa Sanpaolo Group's 2014 consolidated financial statements. The 2013 figures were restated where necessary to take into account changes in the scope of consolidation.
2. Customer financial assets: direct deposits from banking business, direct deposits from insurance business and technical reserves and indirect deposits, after netting, referred to components of indirect deposits which are also included in direct deposits.
3. The values as at 31 December 2014 were calculated using the method envisaged in the Basel 3 Capital Accord. For the values as at 31 December 2013, calculated using the method envisaged in the Basel 2 Capital Accord, reference should be made to the 2013 Consolidated Financial Statements of the Intesa Sanpaolo Group.
Statement of calculation and distribution of Economic Value
|FINANCIAL STATEMENT CAPTIONS||[MILLIONS OF EURO]|
|10.||Interest and similar income||15,933||17,403||19,700|
|20.||Interest and similar expense||-6,116||-7,518||-8,418|
|40.||Fee and commission income||8,058||7,435||6,641|
|50.||Fee and commission expense1||-1,023||-1,079||-1,050|
|70.||Dividends and similar income||315||250||507|
|80.||Profits (Losses) on trading||210||597||549|
|90.||Fair value adjustments in hedge accounting||-139||-28||-8|
|100.||Profits (Losses) on disposal or repurchase of:||1,074||728||1,348|
|b) financial assets available for sale||1,271||739||270|
|c) investments held to maturity||0||-2||-14|
|d) financial liabilities||-283||-10||1,095|
|110.||Profits (Losses) on financial assets and liabilities designated at fair value||971||492||1,294|
|130.||Net adjustments to/recoveries on impairment of:||-4,314||-7,005||-4,521|
|b) financial assets available for sale||-187||-296||-161|
|c) investments held to maturity||1||0||1|
|d) other financial activities||-26||-112||-53|
|150.||Net insurance premiums||16,600||11,921||5,660|
|160.||Other net insurance income (expense)||-18,805||-13,750||-8,145|
|220.||Other operating expenses (income)||720||643||486|
|240. (partial)||Profits (Losses) on investments in associates and companies subject to joint
control (realised gains/losses)2
|270.||Profits (Losses) on disposal of investments||114||15||30|
|310.||Income (Loss) after tax from discontinued operations||-48||0||0|
|A||TOTAL ECONOMIC VALUE GENERATED||13,876||12,683||14,073|
1. The figures differ from those of the income statement in the Financial Statements as remuneration to the financial advisors networks was reclassified to “Personnel expenses”.
2. The figures differ from those of the income statement in the Financial Statements due to the exclusion of unrealised gains/losses, now recognised in a separate caption.
|FINANCIAL STATEMENT CAPTIONS||[MILLIONS OF EURO]|
|180.b (partial)||Other administrative expenses (net of indirect taxes and donations)3||-2,619||-2,647||-2,799|
|ECONOMIC VALUE DISTRIBUTED TO SUPPLIERS||-2,619||-2,647||-2,799|
|ECONOMIC VALUE DISTRIBUTED TO EMPLOYEES||-5,836||-5,503||-6,031|
|ECONOMIC VALUE DISTRIBUTED TO THIRD PARTIES||-59||7||-49|
|340. (partial)||Parent Company net income (loss) - Share allocated to Shareholders5||-1,185||-822||-832|
|ECONOMIC VALUE DISTRIBUTED TO SHAREHOLDERS||-1,185||-822||-832|
|180.b (partial)||Other administrative expenses: indirect taxes||-952||-879||-714|
|290. (partial)||Income taxes for the year (current taxes)6||-1,509||-1,693||-1,303|
|ECONOMIC VALUE DISTRIBUTED TO THE GOVERNMENT, ORGANISATIONS AND INSTITUTIONS||-2,461||-2,572||-2,017|
|180.b (partial)||Other administrative expenses: donations and gifts||-3||-2||-2|
|340. (partial)||Parent Company net income (loss) - Share allocated to charity funds7||-10||0||-1|
|ECONOMIC VALUE DISTRIBUTED TO COMMUNITY AND ENVIRONMENT||-13||-2||-3|
|B||TOTAL ECONOMIC VALUE DISTRIBUTED||12,173||-11,539||-11,731|
|C||TOTAL ECONOMIC VALUE RETAINED (WITHDRAWN) BY THE CORPORATE SYSTEM8||1,703||1,144||2,342|
3. The figures differ from those of the income statement in the Annual Report due to the exclusion of indirect taxes and donations and gifts, now recognised in a separate caption.
4. The figures differ from those of the income statement in the Annual Report as they also include remuneration paid to the financial agents networks. For 2014 the amount includes 105 million euro relating to charges for exit incentives (77 million euro in 2013, 144 milion euro in 2012).
5. For 2013 the economic value distributed to shareholders was drawn from reserves.
6. The figures differ from those of the income statement in the Annual Report due to the exclusion of deferred tax assets and liabilities, now recognised in a separate caption.
7. The figures include amounts allocated to the charity funds operated by Group banks.
8. Net adjustments to/recoveries and provisions, deferred tax assets and liabilities and consolidated income net of dividends of the Parent Company.